Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine # 1236 of December 9, 2020 is published on the official website of the Government of Ukraine.
In addition to restrictive anti-epidemic measures, in the period from 00:00 on January 08, 2021 to 00:00 on January 25, 2021 on the territory of Ukraine it is prohibited:
- reception of visitors by business entities engaged in catering activities (bars, restaurants, cafes, etc.), in addition to catering services with targeted delivery of orders, takeaway orders and catering establishments at airports;
- reception of visitors in shopping and entertainment centers, except for reception of visitors in the establishments defined in subparagraph 4 of this paragraph;
- reception of visitors in other establishments of entertaining activity;
- reception of visitors by economic entities engaged in trade and consumer services, except for: trade exclusively in goods related to food, in retail space, at least 60 percent of which is intended for trade in food, medicines, products medical purposes, hygiene products, means of communication, veterinary drugs, feed, seeds, plant protection products. Trade activity with other groups of goods can take place only with the implementation of targeted delivery of orders; fuel trade; carrying out activities for the provision of financial services, the activities of financial institutions and activities for the collection and transportation of currency values, the activities of postal operators, as well as medical practice, veterinary practice, gas stations (excluding food areas), maintenance and repair of transport tools, hairdressers and beauty salons by appointment;
- reception of visitors to cultural institutions and holding of cultural events, except for the work of historical and cultural reserves, business entities related to the production of audiovisual works, including filming and video shooting, subject to restriction of access to the shooting site (set) of outsiders and the use by personnel (other than actors during the filming process) involved in the production of an audiovisual work of personal protective equipment, including respirators or protective masks covering the nose and mouth, including self-made ones. The activities of economic entities related to the production of audiovisual works are not a mass event;
- reception of visitors of sports halls, fitness centers, pools, except for visiting by athletes of national national teams of Ukraine and their coaches on condition of observance of the corresponding sanitary and anti-epidemic measures;
- conducting all mass (entertainment, sports, social, advertising and other) events (except for the organization of skiing leisure (excluding catering establishments and the sale of alcoholic beverages), New Year and Christmas tree celebrations (without concerts and fairs, including food), official sports events included in the Unified calendar plan of physical culture and health and sports events of Ukraine, and matches of team sports of professional sports clubs without spectators, provided that the participants of such events comply with appropriate sanitary and anti-epidemic measures and mandatory daily health monitoring. I participants);
- operation of catering establishments and places for meals in hotels from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. the next day, except for the provision of catering services in a hotel room at the request of clients;
- activities of non-food markets;
- visiting educational institutions regardless of the form of ownership by its applicants, except for preschool education institutions and special educational institutions.
The day before, the Minister of Health Maxim Stepanov noted the reasons for the introduction of enhanced quarantine from January 8, 2021:
“We looked at our calculations as the number of patients would grow. In addition, it was important for us to carry out the planned strict quarantine by the end of January. After all, in late January – early February, we begin to increase the number of patients with influenza. It is a respiratory disease that has the same complications as COVID-19 associated with pneumonia – and it puts extra strain on our medical system. So we need to come up with the lowest possible incidence rates for COVID-19. ”
December 12, 2020